A Message From Fr. Stephen:
Greetings in the Lord! I am so thankful for the response that we, as a parish community, have experienced through the Grateful Giving program. Can you believe it is going on nearly six months since the actual pledge period was completed?!
I thought parishioners would value seeing some specific figures, related to the level of response, now that we have been able to tabulate them, of course with the assistance of Cathedral Corp.
· Projected weekly Offertory Collection saw an initial increase of 32.79% ($5,084.79 weekly)
How does this further break out:
· 332 households who Regularly use envelopes– 42.5% —responded with increase of $4016.79 weekly
· 48 households who occasionally use envelopes– 6.79% —responded with increase of $1068 weekly
· 7 Planned Giving responses were received
· 105 households indicated they would remain at the same level of giving
· 119 households requested electronic giving information (current participation is 40 families)
· 21 outright gifts have been received— totaling $1735
· 31 new parishioners not previously registered responded
· 663 registered families participated
Together we can indeed be good stewards of what has been entrusted to us and partners in furthering the ministries and outreach of our parish. Be assured of my prayers as we explore new ways to encounter Christ and to bring His mercy and love to our community. Once again, allow me to express my thanks for your commitment and follow-through. As we continue to build up people’s lives through the resources of our time, talent and treasure, may we experience renewed trust in all that God has planned for our parish in His time.
Elsewhere in this issue, and on school social media, you will find an announcement regarding We Give Catholic. For the first time, St. Mary is participating in what is broadly known as Giving Tuesday (the Tuesday following Thanksgiving— and, of course, Cyber Monday). Below is a brief narrative related to our school, which has, thanks be to God and our parishioners, a tremendous investment of resources. It is hoped that those looking for a channel of year-end giving will feel very positive about directing toward St. Mary School.
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception parish has a strong dedication to its families. The Parish has been very supportive of the Day School in its history. We are a small school, and are continuously growing in many areas. We have recently become a G Suite: Google for Education School and have upgraded our technology to provide one-to-one devices for students. We continue to have a challenge in funding the ever-changing world of Technology and keeping up with the upgrades that need to be made for past equipment. As we pursue other avenues for 21st Century Skills for our students, we want to continue to provide opportunities to meet their needs by providing upgraded resources in the areas of science, technology, engineering, math, the arts and in the Catholic Faith.
Please join us on Tuesday, November 28th by supporting Catholic Education at St. Mary’s Parish.